There really is no justification for the unexplainable love other than the many Scottish novels I have read over the years and there have been many. The one that has inspired my love for Scotland the most had to be the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. Over the course of this blog, I will probably quote from these books quite a bit just to get a feel of the way people talk and the things they do, carry, etc etc.
Any country can boast about their many accomplishments and failures. They have their own culture, history, and lifestyle. I will research the many historical aspects of my beloved, emerald country and give opinions as I learn the interesting facts. I may even attempt to make some well known Scottish recipes to make this a hands on experience. I'm really excited about this adventure and I cannot wait to delve deep into the interesting information!
"Harmless as a setting dove," he agreed. "I'm too hungry to be a threat to anything but breakfast. Let a stray bannock come within reach, though, and I'll no answer for the consequences."-Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander"
You should travel to Scotland one day. Im positive that you'll enjoy it lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see where your blog takes us this semester, as I'm blogging about traveling, I'll be touching on Scotland at some point in the future.
ReplyDelete